Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Order Completed

Today I completed one of my many bag orders. The lady who ordered this bag already has one of the same bags in a different color. She wanted another one to use at the beach, but she also wanted it to be slightly smaller and with a cosmetic bag to match.




My next order is another beach bag, but in the larger size (and I mean it is gigantic). Here are the fabrics for the upcoming bag (darker teal for the main color, tan for the accent, and the teal polka dots for the lining).



I'm finding that as I make the same type of bag over and over again, I am getting faster at it. Maybe I will start cutting the fabric for this next bag tomorrow.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Great job (again!) Mickey! Are you using a specific designer's bag/purse patterns or are you creating these beauties yourself? I'd love to know the designer if that's the route you have take!

Keep it up and it's great to see your back blogging!
Hugs
Laurie

Mickey said...

Laurie,
Thanks! I created the pattern myself for these specific bags. When I started to make bags, I used some patterns but after awhile I experimented with making my own.

Barb said...

Amazing how true the colors are with your posting...the bags are truly gorgeous...the recipient will love them!! You are on a roll Mickey, keep it going, and I love seeing your blog postings! ♥Love♥ you lots, Grandma

Laurie said...

So Mickey, will Frog Quilt Patterns be showing up in the near future??? Awesome job!
Laurie

Laurie said...

Mickey,
You might enjoy this blog since you are quilting on a regular sewing machine!
Enjoy,
Laurie
http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/