Sunday, June 15, 2008

Beach Relaxation

Hi everyone! I just got back from a wonderful vacation at the beach. I hadn't been to the beach since I was nine years old. So this was a treat!

My family and I went to Long Beach Island, NJ and stayed there for Thursday, Friday, and part of Saturday. It was sunny the whole time we were there, perfect beach weather.



This is a picture of the hotel we stayed in from the beach. It was very nice and clean and it was great because you didn't need to walk far at all to get to the beach.




The water was clear and cold. The waves got bigger and bigger as the day went on.



My brother and I enjoyed boogie boarding and splashing about in the waves close to the shore.


Friday morning we all got up at five o'clock and rushed outside to the beach to watch the sunrise. I was really tired but it was worth it!




The scene was absolutley breathtaking! I just kept on snapping pictures to try and capture the beauty of it.




That night we went to the lighthouse that was on the island.



In this picture I was able to capture the lighthouse and the sunset too

I had so much fun on my vacation and wish I could have stayed longer. But I have to come back to reality sometime.


Have a great week everyone! :)

3 comments:

Laurie said...

WOW...great pics Mickey! It looks like a great vacation!
Hugs
Coach Laurie

Barb said...

Welcome home sweetie! Beautiful blog pictures, and you truly deserved every minute of your vacation! You and your family sure did a lot in 2 1/2 days, I am so glad you had the chance to make the trip even though it was a short and busy couple of days! Luv ya, and see you soon! Grandma

Rose said...

Oh, honey, your pictures are fabulous. I wish you would join Sky Watch Friday with some of those last photos! They are fabulous. If you think about it and want to do it, watch my blog Thursday evening--the guy that has the site to place your link is in England so it is still Thursday here. People visit and leave comments and if you have time you can visit around...but you don't have to. There is a couple times I have hit all the sites, but most times I don't.

Glad you had a good time, also. You have been a busy girl for a while now!