Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Baby Quilt is Done!

Commissioned Quilt #4 is finished! I finally put the last stitches in the binding on Monday. I am very pleased with how it turned out.





If your wondering why the quilt is hanging from my shower curtain, it's because it was too windy to hang it on the cloths line outside :) . This pattern came from one of Alex Anderson's baby quilt books. This paticular pattern is called Grandma's Favorite.

The lady that asked me to do the quilt wanted it to be able to work for either a boy our a girl. That is why I used the colors yellow, cream, green, and blue.

In the sashing, I quilted free motion stars with two curving lines flowing in between them to make them look like they were floating. The two curvy lines turned out to kind of look like ribbon.

For the nine patch blocks, I just quilted in the ditch so it wouldn't distract from the pattern.

I delivered the quilt to the lady and she was very pleased with it. She thought it was really cute. She also said that she would need me to make another one for her for August! Here we go again :) ! It's a good thing that I love to sew!

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! :)

4 comments:

Barb said...

Another great job with your quilt! I love how you are able to just go with an idea and are so brave about it! Oh the wisdom of the young ;>)!! I am not surprised that she is pleased and that you are asked to create another quilt for her! CONGRATULATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE!! Luv ya, Grandma

Laurie said...

I am SUPERWhat a IMPRESSED Mickey!!!!neat job you did with the sashing...i LOVE it!!! Kudos on #5!!!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is one beautiful quilt. I will be starting my first baby quilt this week.

Rose said...

It turned out so beautiful...and I love the quilting you chose to do.