Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gold in Boston

Last weekend I traveled to Boston to compete in a Nazarene Youth convention called Festival of Life. A couple of months ago, I had gone to the district level of competition in Philadelphia and
took my Strips n' Curves quilt along to enter in the competition. It got first place there, so I was sent on to the regional level to compete in Boston. I had an absolutely wonderful experience there being at the Eastern Nazarene College and getting to hang out with other christian teens! And to top the great weekend off, I won two golds. One was for my quilt (God's Promise) and the other one for singing. I am so thankful for the gifts and talents that God has given to me! I am hoping that I will get the chance to do this next year!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations sweet one, you make us proud! Your many accomplishments are amazing, and we cheer you on! Now we are ready for West Side Story, the Dance Recital and the Voice Recital! Just typing it all makes me tired :>)!! Love you lots, Grandma

Rose said...

WTG, Mickey. Congratulations on both.

Laurie said...

WOOHOO!!! AWESOME!!! STUPENDOUS!!! PHENOMENAL!!! Congrats to you Mickey! MAHVELOUS!!!
Laurie

Laurie said...

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY Mickey!!! I can't believe you are already 16! Are you getting your driver's license? WOW...I hoipe you had a great day!
Laurie