Thursday, July 8, 2010

In Progress

This project has been five years in the making. Five years ago, I had taken a fabric painting class at Quilt Odyssey in Hershey. Then with the fabric we had painted we either could make pointsettias or sunflowers. I did these pointsettias and I had them all layed out and had it all ready to be quilted by the end of the class. Well, it was not until last week that I quilted it. Last year I had taken a free motion quilting class so, I decided to try the skills I had learned out on this project that needed so desperately to be finished.

All I need to do is put the binding on and the wallhanging will be finished!


I quilted the petals to make it look like they had veins. I used a pink thread on all of them.

Then, every where else I just did random loops (picture of the back).

I have found that I really enjoy free motion quilting. Now I am working on quilting another wall hanging. I hope to be able to finish it soon!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Yahooooooo there you are my sweet Mickey, and yes your quilting is beautiful! Thank you for sharing these with us, and most of all for allowing me to witness your free motion quilting in action! Beautiful workmanship and truly, your QO teachers will love seeing their teaching put to use! Love you lots, Grandma

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This wallhanging is gorgeous; you do lovely, creative work. I hopped on over to your blog from your grandmother's... what a treat awaited me here! Have fun together at Quilt Odyssey!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Very unique! Your work is beautiful. Keep up the good work!

Rose said...

Mickey, this is beautiful. You sure did a good job.

Laurie said...

WOW Mickey! Your poinsettias are stunning and the freemotion quilting is out of this world! You are such a very talented young lady...keep up the great work!
Hugs
Laurie