Monday, March 1, 2010

Snow Days

The past couple of weeks my area has gotten some snow, causing school to close for a couple of days. During these little breaks, I have enjoyed getting time to sew again.

The first snow day that we had I wasn't able to get to my grandma's house because the roads were pretty bad. So, I just stayed at home and looked around in my own sewing area. I found a simple pattern for a really cute bag. I got some fabric from my stash and sat down for a good part of the day and finished this bag.


I am really happy with the way it turned out!

The second snow day the roads were not too bad, so I traveled to my grandma's house to sew with her . One of my friend's birthday is coming up, so I decieded to get ahead and make her a set of pillow cases.

It felt really great to finally be able to sew again. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long until I can do it again!

4 comments:

Barb said...

It was wonderful to have you here sewing with me...I always enjoy our time together. Your talents make me very proud, and you are so much fun!! Cute bag, and beautiful pillowcases, very bright and yes your friend will love them for sure! Have a wonderful week! Luv ya lots, Grandma

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Love the colors of the pillowcases; what a fun gift for your friend.

Rose said...

I love those pillowcases, too.

Laurie said...

Mickey,
I LOVE the bag! What pattern is it? Is it a backpack style bag? You are such an amazing quilter/sewer! Keep it up!
HUGS!
Laurie