Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gettysburg Battlefields

Yesterday, my grandparents took me on a bus trip to the Gettysburg Battlefields. It was such a beautiful day to do it! I was able to learn a lot of new and interesting things.

We visited some different places that are located right on the battlefield. Above is a picture of a peach orchard. It was a really cool experience to stand right in the place that soldiers would have been standing so many years ago in the Civil War.

Another spot we visited was the Pennsylvania Memorial (above). The names of all of the soldiers are listed around the base of the monument.
I really enjoyed my time there and I would like to go back there in the future to look at more! Thank you, Grandpa and Grandma, for taking me along on this trip. I had a wonderful time!


2 comments:

Barb said...

Mickey it was truly a pleasure to share the day with you and your brother with the trip to Gettysburg! It was a gorgeous day, Grandpa would have liked to spend a longer time on the battlefield without the rush, but it was meaningful just the same! Your pictures are so wonderful, you are a very talented photographer...I can tell you enjoy it! Luv ya ♥, Grandma

Laurie said...

looks like a great trip and i sure wish i could smell those berries...YUMMY!!!
laurie