Thursday, July 9, 2009

Just for Fun

A couple of nights ago I was laying in bed waiting to fall asleep, and all of a sudden and idea just popped into my head! I have no clue what made me think of it, I just did. I remembered that I had put together a block with some fabrics that had come together in a packet a long time ago, but I had never really finished it. So I decided that the next morning I was going to.
I'm surprised I even remembered it the next day, but I didn't forget and headed down to my basement where I have all of my sewing things set up. After searching through my stash of fabric for a while, I found some fabrics that went well with the previously made block. I brainstormed and sewed and after about an hour or two I came out with this.....


A fairly good sized pillow! It was a lot of fun just to take a break from my everyday routine and sew something up for a change.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my that is so YOU...brights and very well done! Great to see you relaxing and enjoying your fabrics! Love you lots, Grandma

Laurie said...

OH, I just love it when an idea pops into ones head and the project can be done quickly! Of course I LOVE your colors!!! Great job Mickey! Sorry I can't make it to QO but life has been hectic. HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) next year!
Laurie

Rose said...

I LOVE the fabrics in this...a very cute project it is also.