Saturday, March 22, 2008

Band Geek

Another one of my passions is music. I have been in band and choir since the 5th grade. I started out on the alto saxophone.


I really enjoy playing the saxophone but it is pretty easy to play. So in my 7th grade year I told my band teacher that I wanted to learn to play another instrument that was more challenging than the saxophone. He suggested either the oboe or the bassoon. I choose the bassoon because the are not to common.

This is a very interesting instrument to play. The fingerings can get complicated, but thats the way I like it, challenging.

Then on the side I take piano lessons. I enjoy playing the piano because it is relaxing.

I also enjoy just listening to music. I like contemporary christian and classical music. You could ask about anybody that knows me and they will tell you I am a band geek (or a music geek). :)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Mickey your blog is developing beautifully, keep up the good work! Band/music Geek YOU ARE NOT, but one very talented musician YOU ARE! Luv ya lots!

Rose said...

Do you realize there are those of us who wish they could play just one instrument? I don't have a musical note in my body, but I sure enjoy music. And I am sure going to enjoy this blog of yours...keep up the good work.