Thursday, March 20, 2008

Passion of Sewing

I absoutly love to sew! Many of you have probably seen my grandma's blog. She is my sewing buddy. When I was 4 my grandmother taught me how to sew. I would sit in her lap and while she would work the foot pedal I would guide the fabric under the presser foot. I really love the time I get to spend with her sewing.

This is my first quilt. It is a stack the deck pattern. This quilt got a best of show ribbon in a county fair. As you can see I love color.






This is my second quilt. It is a rag quilt. This one also won a best of show ribbon at the county fair.


This is my third quilt. (Sorry its on its side. I couldn't get it twisted upright.) This is a strips n' curves quilt. I named this one God's Promise because of the rainbow effect it has. This one also won a best of show ribbon at the county fair.

Another one of my quilting buddy's quilted all of these quilts for me. She did a wonderful job! You're the greatest Laurie!!!!

Sewing is so much fun! :)

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Mickey ~ WELCOME to the world of blogging! YOU MAKE ME PROUD to call you my SWEET GRANDDAUGHTER! Color for sure does not slow you down, YOU are my HERO ~ love you lots! See you on Friday!