Sunday, March 23, 2008

Great Easter

Today was a great day to spend with my family. This morning my brother and I opened our easter baskets and found all the goodies that they contained. Then my family went to church. Our church did a wonderful musical presentation instead of a regular service. It brought a new meaning to easter. Then we had lunch with my grandma and grandpa and my great aunt and uncle. It was a lot of fun to have some good conversations with family. To work off our dinner, my brother and I had an easter egg hunt like we do every year. I won with a total of 41 eggs and he had 38 (we are still missing 3 somewhere outside). I had a great day.

Yesterday, my brother and I went over to grandma and grandpa's house to sew. My brother worked on a special project. He made a fabric post card for my parents for Easter.

Even though he can be annoying sometimes, I have to say that I am pretty proud of him.

Hope everyone had a great Easter! :)

4 comments:

Barb said...

Thank you for today Mickey, it was GREAT fun!! Easter is very meaningful on its own, but adding a special church service really impacts 'our' appreciation for the sacrifice! God is Good!

Barb said...

WHOOPS my first entry to 'comment' happened so fast, the words LUV YOU didn't get there. You are the best 'Sweet Granddaughter'!!

Laurie said...

Welcome to blogland Mickey!! It will be AWESOME to have another way to stay in touch with you! Thanks for sharing with me! So far your entries are great! Sorry about your finger...OUCH!!!
Love ya,
Coach Laurie

Rose said...

If I had been there, I would have helped hunt Easter eggs! Still a kid at heart in regards to that. I also love to hide them...sounds like you had a fun day.