Wednesday, July 15, 2009

ABC's

Today I went over to my grandma's house and worked on Baby Quilt #6. The last time I went over I finished putting the borders on, so this time I started to work on embroidering the alphabet in the centers of the blocks.

I only got to letter J today, but now that I'm getting the hang of it I'm sure it will go much faster.
I chose to use a caramel colored thread for the letters because I didn't want them to be too bold and take away from the quilt. I pulled the color from one of the designs in the fabric so it blends well.
I hope to be able to work on the quilt again soon. The baby is due in August and I don't want it to be late! But, I think since I'm going to do simple quilting that I should be able to meet the deadline.

3 comments:

Barb said...

WOW I love your blog changes, the sidebar is full of new things ☺, looks good! The baby quilt is adorable...I love looking at it in person...you are very talented! The creative idea of the alphabet is sweet, one of those quilts that can be loved and enjoyed for a long time! ABC's to be learned early for that baby!

Barb said...

And added to the above post should be ... Love you lots, Grandma ♥

Laurie said...

Very cool Mickey!! You are brave to embroider after you pieced the whole top...i'd have to embroider and then trim the block to make sure it was centered and so on! A huge thumbs up kiddo!
Laurie