Monday, July 13, 2009

Vacation on the beach

This past weekend my family and I took a trip to Long Beach Island, NJ. It was so nice to take a break and just relax. I would say that the beach is probably one of my favorite places to go. I love the sound of the waves and the smell of the fresh air and salt water.

One of the special places we visited while on the island was the Barnegat Lighthouse. We climbed all 217 steps to the top and let me tell you, it's a workout!!! But the view at the top is well worth it.

In this picture you can see almost the whole island since the lighthouse is on one of the ends.
I had a wonderful vacation and didn't want to come back. Hopefully we will be going again next year!




1 comment:

Barb said...

Welcome home, I am happy that you had the chance to get away for a few days! Your pictures are wonderful, it looks restful and I think I can hear those waves! Love you lots, Grandma